This is how this works: I will give my TOP 5 choices for the Good and The Bad of each season 15 episode that has aired thus far, PLUS a random fact that may or may not have anything to do with the episode. It depends what I am thinking at that moment! After you read my opinions, I would like to hear your TOP 5 Good/Bad list from the same episode. The point is that every episode must have both good and bad stuff for you, or you are not being honest with yourself. ? “The Bad” stuff might be easier to write when the episode is not to your liking, then other times “The Good” will be easier. The Good/Bad stuff can be silly things - that is alright too!
Supernatural 15.17 "Unity”
1. Jared AND Jensen on fire
2. Death should not piss off The Empty
3. Adam, the first human
4. Sam, you are awesome
5. Chuck is terrifying
1. Emotions are running high in the Supernatural fandom, as well as with Jared and Jensen. The ending is looming upon us. When this episode was filmed, they were only a few episodes away from the whole ending - until the pandemic happened. The boys have many times said that their own emotions were heightened while playing Sam and Dean. Their scenes together in this episode were just marvelous. Dean is in panic mode and desperate. Chuck controlling them is something Dean cannot bear. Now knowing Chuck wrote this ending might push Dean over the edge. Sam is trying to keep them all safe and keep a hold on his brother, and it is hurting him deeply. Beautiful work boys.
2. I would not like to piss off the Empty and Death should not either. Rachel Miner can really play an annoyed immortal entity with an ominous feel! Sam could play to its weakness, though. How scary is a thing that just wants to sleep and kill everyone because of that? It is not like it wants to kill everyone, but it could. Among those who want to destroy/rule the world, I think the Empty is a baddie like no other. Its powers seem to be a match for Death, so I do not know what Billie is thinking!
3. Adam has been controversial as far as what the fandom thought about him, but I liked him. It might have something to do with the fact that I like the actor from other work he has done. The whole lore about his rib and that he is a part of the trial piqued my interest. I liked his personality, nature, and aura. It is great that we still have surprises from the story and not everything is told beforehand. Adam not liking Chuck made my heart tingle. As with Cain, I like these immortal people because, in the end, they are humane.
4. Sam doing the research, keeping everything together and finding the key to Death’s study made me love this episode. It continued when he tricked the Empty and found out Death’s scheme. He also could reach Dean, who has nearly lost all hope and is grasping at straws. Sam is looking for another way they could win against Chuck, but now they also have to take care of Death. Death had her own agenda all the time. She was also playing our heroes, so Chuck is not the only big bad to be defeated. Sam is so smart. Together with Dean, he will be victorious - whatever the ending result will be.
5. Chuck is terrifying, still playing his old tricks, and now he pulled his sister into his grasp. He really is a master manipulator, but still he cannot control Sam, Dean and Castiel and it infuriates him. He tries so hard to get them to do his bidding, but they will not. I think they are the only ones Chuck wants to control. What other people do doesn't concern him - like you saw with the angels. He is bored to see them and have them as “fans”. He does not care about anyone else; only the story he wants to tell.
1. Amara deserved better
2. Dean, where are you aiming your gun?
3. Jack dying for nothing
4. Still his puppets
5. Tsk, tsk, Billie, that is not nice
1. She was trying to do the right thing. She learned to care about the small things and what the world and its people had to offer. If Dean would not have lied to her, she would not have succumbed to Chuck. She thought she and Dean had a bond and that she could trust him. She had not harmed people [lately]. She was not the bad guy anymore, so Dean's betrayal hurt. Chuck manipulated her and wrote what she did too, but the difference was that Chuck told her everything. He told her the truth. She felt he was all she had anymore. Now Amara is gone, and Chuck can use her to his own ends in a way. I will miss her.
2. Would he have shot Sam? I really do not know. I guess that feeling is troubling me. I mean killing, or even just wounding, Sam in my eyes is a definite no-no, even though the first one is the most heinous and something he cannot come back from. That is the ending Chuck wanted. Dean has not taken well to the control Chuck seems to have over their lives. Jensen has shown that so well. Dean is not in his right mind so he might have pulled his gun while desperate and not thinking clearly. These characters mean so much to me so that whole ending just hurt.
3. Chuck and Death played Jack like a fiddle, too. He wants so much to do everything right so that Dean and Sam forgive him. His feelings are only strengthened when he hears Dean say that he is not family. All these immortal entities playing with his life - even how short it has been… just give the guy a break already. It feels like this might be the end for him and the only thing he achieved was that he killed himself. Literally, the only thing, because it seems the bomb will not work on Chuck anyway.
4. They all are still his puppets after all this time. They only felt they had free will, but they still were doing everything because of Chuck’s writing. It seems he knew about everything they did to try to overpower and kill him. He even knew what Death was planning. It all just feels so desperate. I can only see it from my point of view, of what I would feel if I were them. I would hate it tremendously and would actually feel "what is the use of doing anything if I don’t have any say in it?" I could not control my own fate.
5. Of course, the new Death needs to be a megalomaniac, insane person. I liked the old Death more. He did not want to get involved in trivial matters and, well, go insane about Death stuff. That also shows how much influence the Winchesters have had on people being alive and saving them. If that all is undone… How bad would things be? She would control the deaths of people who survived, or worse. And crossing every T is not always the right thing. Like resurrecting Jack just so he blows up and dies again. Immortal eternal beings are the worst.
Adam’s rib, announcing that it was not good for man to be alone and that God would make for him a fitting helper, God formed out of the earth all the beasts and birds and brought them to the man to name. The man Adam named all the animals but found no fitting helper. So, God cast a deep sleep upon the man and took one of his ribs and fashioned it into a woman and brought her to the man. The man declared her bone of his bones and flesh of his flesh and called her woman. Thus, a man leaves his parents and clings to his wife, so that they become one flesh. The man and the woman were naked but felt no shame.
I am dying to read your choices for Top 10. Remember, anything goes!
Thanks to Wiki
& Daria animation MTV
Go back with Deb to 15.01 "Back and to the Future"
, 15.02 "Raising Hell"
, 15.03 "The Rupture"
, 15.04 "Atomic Monsters"
, 15.09 "The Trap"
, 15.10 "The Heroes' Journey"
, 15.11 "The Gamblers"
, 15.12 "Galaxy Brain"
, 15.13 "Destiny's Child"
, 15.14 "Last Holiday"
, 15.15 "Gimme Shelter”
and 15.16 "Drag Me Away (From You)"
if you missed them!