Editor's Note: In anticipation of Supernatural's final season resuming on Oct. 8th, The CW is rerunning several of the initial 13 episodes from season 15. To get us all back into the groove of watching and discussing each story, Deb has agreed to share her recap reviews of the good, the bad and the random of each episode! Enjoy!
This is how this works: I will give my TOP 5 choices for the Good and The Bad of each season 15 episode that has aired thus far, PLUS a random fact that may or may not have anything to do with the episode. It depends what I am thinking at that moment! After you read my opinions, I would like to hear your TOP 5 Good/Bad list from the same episode. The point is that every episode must have both good and bad stuff for you, or you are not being honest with yourself. 😉 “The Bad” stuff might be easier to write when the episode is not to your liking, then other times “The Good” will be easier. The Good/Bad stuff can be silly things - that is alright too!
Supernatural 15.10 "The Heroes' Journey"
1. A very bad day, humorously good
3. Jared's and Jensen's comedic talent
4. Dance away!
5. Being a hero
1. There are two ways you can take this episode. The first choice is that as a comedy, Chuck has turned off everything the Winchesters have learned and added bad luck times 10 for them, which they now call “normal”. So, if a normal civilian/innocent is thrown into being a hunter, what would happen? Then multiply that times ten. The Winchesters become extremely weak individuals with that bad luck. I had that view, plus I think the story wanted the viewer to believe in our boys. The second way to look at this episode is described further down, in 'The Bad' section.
2. This was a good Garth episode. I liked his family and that he is actually safe, living a full and healthy life with a beautiful house in the woods. Still, he was ready to help his friends and guard them when they were not up on their game. Also, I am so happy that he and his family had a happy ending and that he did not die in this episode… Only thing that was missing was Mr. Fizzles!
3. What made this episode work was Jared and Jensen. If we had actors who could not do comedy, the episode would have been a disaster. I was laughing out loud many times because of what was happening to them, but at the same time, I really would not want the same stuff happening to me. A good example is the scene where Sam got the “flu cure” or where Dean needed the dentist or ate too much.
4. I truly liked the hallucinated dance number from Dean and Garth. From behind the scenes story that I read, the actors needed to learn that number really fast and at least Jensen, if I remember correctly, hadn’t danced like that before. That made me appreciate the number even more. Black and white scenes are good in small doses.
5. I really liked the notion that the episode gave me - that the Winchesters are heroes, not because of their skills but because they try to save people even against impossible odds, and they will always try to do the right thing. A hero is humble, and they showed it by being really grateful to Garth for saving them and making him also a hero of the story.
1. So, Winchesters are losers?
2. Get your hands-off Sam’s puppy dog eyes!
3. Dentist horror
4. I cannot handle person puking…
5. Weird start
1. The second choice on how you can take the episode is that the Winchesters are superheroes. They have gotten everything from God, their learned skills are not learned, and basically their whole lives have been a lie, aka we should not root for them. They should just give up and go home. But I refuse to believe this is the truth, so moving on!
2. Nobody… NOOOOOBODY touches Sam’s puppy dog eyes – not even Chuck is allowed to. It is ridiculous that Sam's looks would not work. I mean Sam’s empathy has not vanished anywhere, and his innocence, warmth and boyish looks are just magical and real, hmph!
3. Garth, you tried but now I am even more afraid to go to the dentist… even though I would hallucinate Sam or Dean dancing like that in my mind. Worst case scenario would be that the person in the chair would be me. Anyway, I have my own horror stories from my dentist visits, and you can summarize them shortly by saying that every one of them has gone wrong in some way… For example, pulling my tooth out without anesthesia working. Yes, you read that correctly, brr.
4. Dean, I like you dude, but I cannot handle people puking. I cannot even handle animals puking without almost doing it myself. I guess we can say that it was acted well because it felt like a real thing, but no thank you!
5. The start of the episode can be a hit or miss for people. I mean, I do like the fight club thing and the scene was beautifully choreographed, but it just felt out of place for me. The music just added to that effect. Of course, this is only a small gripe.
A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a surgeon who specializes in dentistry, the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity. The dentist's supporting team aids in providing oral health services. The dental team includes dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental technicians, and sometimes dental therapists.
In China as well as France, the first people to perform dentistry were barbers. Pierre Fauchard of France is often referred to as the "father of modern dentistry" for being the first to publish a scientific textbook (1728) on the techniques and practices of dentistry. Over time, trained dentists immigrated from Europe to the Americas to practice dentistry, and by 1760, America had its own native born practicing dentists. Newspapers were used at the time to advertise and promote dental services.
There you have it! Now I am dying to read your choices for Top 10. And remember anything goes!
Thanks to Wiki
& Daria animation MTV