1. Loved this episode, and not just because Dean killed off Abaddon's in a wonderful scene. The brothers seem to be rebuilding their relationship again. Give this one a nine. You?
2. I loved the network of followers Cas had built, complete with computers, maps and milling co-workers. Yet he has brought in the braggart angel from the bar from Metatron's camp and brings in the Winchesters to perform the torture. First he hugs them. Great scene, kind of ironic. What did you think?
3. Crowley meets his own advisors to restore confidence. No one is with him. Abaddon shows. First blade, mark of Cain. He can die, too. Join her in killing the Winchesters, then they need only deal with each other. No, says Crowley. She shows up with his son, Gavin, but Crowley hates him. She knows about his humanity, the blood addiction, etc. She tortures Gavin, which upsets Crowley, to his disgust. What did you think of Abaddon's tactics? Pretty clever, right?
4. Dean is eagerly about to commence torture on the angel, but Sam stops him; he's probably a nobody, anyway, he's just a wannabe. The angel reveals a private portal that moves around. Sam convinces Dean to use psychology instead of torture on this prisoner, a wise move. Why?
5. I enjoyed the brothers' angel interrogation. He was so dumb and bombastic, and they were having such a great time baiting him. Was any of his info factual, do you think?
6. Crowley revealed to his son that he sold his soul for an extra 3 inches of willie and that he's now king of hell. I loved his true confessions to Gavin. What was your favorite exchange between father and son during this ep?
7. Angel kill? Who is lying? Gadreel felt misunderstood, not hostile. But he killed Kevin. Cas and Gadreel. Wrong master, led to fall. Reclaim loyalty. Been deceived by Metatron. Cas and Gadreel kill attacking angels to survive. My question is, whose side is Gadreel on? Will he help the Winchesters when they need it?
8. Crowley calls Dean. He's found Abaddon. Knows where blade is. Trap! Abaddon is there at his elbow! But he mentioned Poughkeepsie! Blade hidden in corpse. Hellhound attacks them. They call Crowley, who forces the hellhound to stand down. Sam extracts it from the goo.
9. Abaddon is unable to keep Dean pinned to the wall after he draws the fallen knife to him and, at long last, stabs and kills her. Sam has to order him to stop slashing at her. What an exciting scene, huh?
10. Crowley pulls out his own bullet. He warned them about Poughkeepsie. He wants to keep his son here instead of on a ship destined to go down. He can't bend the rules, insist the brothers. Crowley hates feelings! Avoid cheap whiskey/hookers, he tells Gavin. I loved this exchange.
Between Sam and Dean: Warning, partners, knew he wouldn't be stopped, not hero thing, just calm, go it alone. Protect me, couldn't screw this up. Glad it worked out. Blade is doing something bad to Dean, lock up blade someplace safe. No, says Dean. Something bad is going to happen, of course. We know that. The question is, what?