Warning: If you have not seen tonight’s episode, “King of the Damned,” then beware spoilers ahead!
There was a lot going on in this episode so instead of narrative recap, I’m gonna bullet point some things and then on to speculation.
1. Castiel is the commander of the angel army against Metatron.
2. Metatron is recruiting mini-Metatrons for his army.
3. Abaddon is a smart girl who can time travel to the 18th century and make Crowley bleed. RIP Abaddon. Sorry you had a vagina and had to die.
4. Gadreel was misunderstood (and god I hate that plot turn). He just wants redemption. Whatever, show.
5. Dean liked the idea of torturing a bit too much, but that scene with Castiel and the boys where he requests their help is a mirror for On the Head of a Pin, in my opinion. But this time Dean wants to do it.
6. Sam and Dean are not on the same page although they make a really good interrogation tagteam.
7. Gavin is a little bit of an idiot and SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT BACK TO HIS OWN TIME.
8. Dean is lying and he don’t give a _____. BladeDean is hot but also almost robotic.
9. Sam gets a voice! Yay! He’s worried. He knows where Dean is headed because you know the whole demon blood addiction of season 4.
10. Castiel is trying diplomacy and he’s changed since season 6 Castiel, which was the last time we saw Cas in Charge.
11. Abaddon had the best death scene ever. Ruby would be jealous.
12. Crowley’s humanity is gonna be bad for us all.
1. Prime Directive Rule #1! DO NOT SCREW WITH THE TIMELINE. Captain Kirk learned this back in the day. If you save the pretty girl, Hitler wins the war! I feel Crowley’s “human” choice will be bad news down the road. It also connects back, thematically, to “Sacrifice” and making choices based on emotion rather than duty or reason.
2. Castiel has an army but this time around instead of forcing the angels to do his will, he is trying to understand how to solve the war with words rather than might. This is the arc that makes the most sense to me this season. Castiel is becoming the righteous leader of heaven. This is his redemption arc. Unlike Gadreel, who SHOULD NOT HAVE ONE. Sorry, I have feelings about that storyline. Unfortunately, I think show cares little for my feelings and Gadreel will die in "honor" as a sacrifice.
3. Again, there are many season four mirrors in this season and this episode. Everything from the growing addiction that Dean has to the blade’s power to Castiel’s return to being part of the angels to a leather coated chick getting ganked in the stomach with a demon killing knife.
4. BladeDean is gonna go DARK SIDE. That “no” at the end? That was the emotional shift in the relationship. Dean is not Sam’s partner anymore.
I really liked this episode and have MANY MORE THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS but I want to get this up so we can all start talking about it! Share your thoughts, speculations, fears, hopes, etc. with us!