Season Four Highlights/Lowlights and other stuff:
Just â€˜cause I felt like dabbling in the fun of this, I present you a quick, random, somewhat thought out at other times purely emotional response to season four.
In no way is this completely encompassing of the entire season (I think thatâ€™s three words to say the same thing â€“ you get the point, right?)
Worst Ruby sceneâ€¦
Lazarus Rising: in the motel room, other than hyping the fandom, being skimpily clad and given a completely silly name, Kristie, it made no senseâ€¦
How to improve it: clothe her, then have Sam call her Kristie and she respond, Katie â€¦that would have been funny.
Best Ruby sceneâ€¦
Lucifer Rising: Die Demon Die!!!!!!
Best use of the word doucheâ€¦.
Lazarus Rising: â€œI told you to take care of her, not douche her up.â€ Hah!!!!
Itâ€™s a Terrible Life: â€œThose douchenozzels the Winchestersâ€â€¦cool.
Best Castiel entranceâ€¦
Lazarus Rising: Granted all he does is walk in the door, but still he does it with style.
Death Takes a Holiday: It had been five episodes since heâ€™d been seen, when he appeared, I actually sighed thinkingâ€¦Iâ€™d missed you, Cas. Also, he looked so pleased with himself having captured Alastair.
These next groups I found too hard to pick a best/worst or a best/honorable mention so I just listed them (in the order they came to mind as I wrote this). Feel free to let me know your favorite from what Iâ€™ve included or by all means add to the listâ€¦or you can pass; itâ€™s your Hellatus too, pass the time as you choose. I know some of you just lurk, feel free to lurk away but it is safe here; Alice has a lockdown against any vampires or werewolves so you wonâ€™t get hurtâ€¦still no zombie alligators to worry about either.
Saddest Sam momentâ€¦
- Sam lying to the ghost kid in Death Takes A Holiday
- Drunk Sam vs. the Cross Road Demon in I Know What You Did Last Summer
- Sam as Pamela is dying and she revealsâ€¦I know what you did to that demon, Death Takes a Holiday
- Sam hallucinating Dean calling him a monster in When the Levee Breaks
- Sam hearing the fake phone message from Dean in Lucifer Rising [chokes up]
Best Dean reveals all seasonâ€¦
- Dean was yanked from hell by an angel
- Dean was in hell for 40 years
- Dean tortured people, and liked it
- Dean broke the first seal
- Dean has been rehymenated â€“ chuckle/snort
(Sorta honorable mentionâ€¦Dean gets his memories back from IMTOD, courtesy of Tessa)
Best Sam revealsâ€¦
- Sam had sex with a corpse possessed by a demon
- Sam drinks demon blood
- Sam can con tough guys at pool [hee]
- Sam was jealous of Adam and wanted to mold him into a fighter
- Sam likes emo music???? [really?]
(Sam breaking the final seal doesnâ€™t make it for me because I saw it coming after it was revealed that Dean broke the first one and I added to it the idea of literary symmetry from Monster at the End of This Book)
Best Castiel linesâ€¦
- You should show me some respect.
- Uriel is the funniest angel in the garrison, ask anyone.
- Weâ€™re making this up as we go.
Best bro momentsâ€¦
- Lazarus Risingâ€¦they hugged!!
- Wishing Wellâ€¦are we going to shoot this teddy bear?
- Heaven and Hellâ€¦Sam willing to kill angels to protect Dean
- Jump the Sharkâ€¦rock, paper, scissors [buyah!!!]
- On the Head of a Pinâ€¦bedside at the hospital and thenâ€¦â€œMiracle, NOW!â€
- Lucifer Risingâ€¦two hands fisted in jacketsâ€¦and Sam grabs Deanâ€™s a second timeâ€¦fade to â€¦white?
Grossest scenes of the seasonâ€¦
- Metamorphosisâ€¦Jack eating raw ground beef
- Metamorphosisâ€¦Jack after eating â€“ uh, Travis
- Itâ€™s the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchesterâ€¦Impala egged â€“ wrong, wrong, wrong
- Family Remainsâ€¦girl eats rat
- After School Specialâ€¦kidâ€™s hand in blender..icky
- The Raptureâ€¦Sam drinks demon blood in middle of fight, his face is reminiscent of Jack from Metamorphosis
Best Bobby momentsâ€¦
- Lazarus Risingâ€¦gives Dean a face full of holy water after everything else failed
- Are You There, God; Itâ€™s Me, Dean Winchesterâ€¦â€œBobby, you are awesome!â€ a panic room and massive weaponry
- Sex and Violenceâ€¦phones, phones and more phones
- When the Levee Breaksâ€¦â€œSuck dirt and die, Rufus!â€ [tee]
- When the Levee Breaksâ€¦â€œWe are trying to help you, boy.â€ [tears]
- Lucifer Risingâ€¦â€œDo us all a favor, donâ€™t be him.â€ [wow]
- [extra creditâ€¦who called Dean â€˜princessâ€™ first and in what episode? â€“ we have prizesâ€¦*right, Alice, we have prizes here somewhere, donâ€™t we?*
Best guest actorsâ€¦ soooo many to choose from so I just started writing.
- Lazarus Risingâ€¦Tracie Dinwiddie (also in Heaven and Hell and DTAH)
- In the Beginningâ€¦Amy Gumenick â€“ very believable younger Mary Winchester
- In the Beginningâ€¦Mitch Pileggi â€“ just inspired
- Itâ€™s the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchesterâ€¦Robert Wisdom (also in IKWYDLS, HAH, OTHOAP)
- I Know What You Did Last Summerâ€¦Mark Rolston (also in IKWYDLS)
- Death Takes a Holidayâ€¦Christopher Heyerdahl (also in OTHOAP and WTLB)
- Criss Angel is a Douche Bagâ€¦Barry Bostwick
- Criss Angel is a Douche Bagâ€¦John Rubenstein
- Criss Angel is a Douche Bagâ€¦Richard Libertini
- Itâ€™s a Terrible Lifeâ€¦Kurt Fuller (also in MATEOTB and Lucifer Rising)
Lest you think Iâ€™m not a Ted Raimi fan, I so am. But, similar to the excellent Billy Drago who was lost behind his makeup (at least thatâ€™s my first and second opinion on that episode, shame too as Billy Drago is superb) I found Ted Raimiâ€™s character lost in the premise. Audrey was so cute and not over the top, the teddy bear was hysterical and Deanâ€™s tragic memories rising to the fore simply took too much away from Ted Raimiâ€™s underdeveloped and underutilized character.
Itâ€™s really a shame for Ted Raimi is superb, while his character is forgettable, he is not; having him come on the show illuminates how much of a character-driven show this is. Look at the above list, many greats come here; they know a good thing.
Most jaw-dropping, whoa I did not see that coming moments of the seasonâ€¦that were really, really, really cool (and sometimes gross):
- Lazarus Risingâ€¦â€œIâ€™m an angel of the Lordâ€¦we have work for you.â€
- In the Beginningâ€¦Mary was a hunter, so cool.
- Yellow Feverâ€¦Dean was in hell for forty years
- I Know What You Did Last Summerâ€¦Sam slept with corpso-Ruby (yeah, that one is gross)
- Wishful Thinkingâ€¦six-foot tall teddy bears DO work in the Supernatural series
- On the Head of a Pinâ€¦Dean broke the first seal
- On the Head of a Pinâ€¦Sam drinks demon blood
- Jump the Sharkâ€¦John had another child, raised him normally â€“ sorta â€“ [and the storyline worked really well]
- Monster at the End of This Bookâ€¦â€œI am the prophet, Chuck!â€
- Lucifer Risingâ€¦Sam broke the final sealâ€¦now both brothers share the blame equally for the apocalypseâ€¦way cool.
- Lazarus Risingâ€¦Deanâ€™s hand coming through the earth
- Lazarus Risingâ€¦Castielâ€™s wings are revealed
- On the Head of a Pinâ€¦dead angelâ€™s wings are backlit on the pavement from above
- On the Head of a Pinâ€¦Samâ€™s eyes grow blacker and blacker with each pass of the wiper blades
- Jump The Sharkâ€¦bullet hole looking back at Sam and Adam
Best episode without the Impala in it: [Everyone, this is where you MUST make your opinions heard â€“ even in our little corner of the Supernatural fandom]. I will list the four choices (yes, there are four choices for Season 4) and we really, really, really need you to voice your opinion in the comment section. Even if you just lurk, even if you want to remain anonymous, click and reply â€“ call yourself anonymous, itâ€™s okay [everyone has done it] but make your opinion known.
Here are the choices:
- Criss Angel is a Douche Bag
- Itâ€™s A Terrible Life
- Lucifer Rising
- None, no Impala in an episode of Supernatural is just wrong, and we wonâ€™t stand for it, Mr. Kripke!
Scariest Rumors for Season Four:
- Jensen is not coming back because Chad Michael Murray is taking over
- Ruby is a love interest for Sam
- Ghost bees [too funny]
- A third Winchester brother is to be introduced
- Bobby might die
So thatâ€™s it in a nutshell, actually a quick hour spent at the computer. Season four highlights, lowlights, best, worst, honorable mentions, thereâ€™s-just-too-many-to-choose-from-so-Iâ€™ll-just-list-them-and-let-you-read and others for Season four.
Let me know your best and worst, faves and anything else you like. And donâ€™t forgetâ€¦let your voice be heard, the Impala needs us!
Until I get something else doneâ€¦thanks for reading.