As they put the bags away in the trunk, Dean tells Sam he was thinking about what he said yesterday. Maybe Sam is right that Dean keeps too tight of a leash on him. Now, pay attention to this part. This is VERY important and if anything should shut a lot of people up over the â€œwhen will Dean do this?â€ debate. â€œLook, Iâ€™m not exactly Mr. Innocent in this whole mess ever, you know I did break the first seal.â€ â€œYou didnâ€™t know,â€ Sam replies. â€œYeah, well neither did you. Not saying demon blood was a great way to go but you did kill Lilith.â€ Sam finds no comfort in that. â€œAnd start the apocalypse.â€ â€œWhich neither of us saw coming. Who would have known that killing Lilith would be a bad thing? The point is, I was so worried about watching your every move that I didnâ€™t see what I was doing to you. So for that Iâ€™m sorry.â€ THERE! Itâ€™s all been said and done. We can move on now. We can, because Sam and Dean are and the next few lines prove it.
After Sam says â€œthanks,â€ Dean asks where do they go from here? Sam has a good answer and he brings us the â€œlesson learnedâ€ portion of our program. â€œThe way I see it, weâ€™ve got one shot at surviving this. Maybe I am on deck with the Devil, maybe the same with you and Michael, maybe thereâ€™s no changing that. But, we can stop wringing our hands over it. We gotta just grab onto whatâ€™s in front of us, kick its ass, and go down fighting.â€ Dean can get on board with that. â€œWeâ€™re going to have to do it on the same level.â€ â€œYou got it,â€ Dean says, and then proves it by asking Sam if he wants to drive! Sam asks if heâ€™s sure, and Dean admits heâ€™s tired. Aww, just like in season one when Dean was trying to console Sam over Jessicaâ€™s death. The offer of driving the Impala is his highest compliment. Sam looks at Dean with appreciation and takes the keys from him. They drive away as the fantastic rendition of Beck, Bogert , and Appiceâ€™s â€œSuperstitionâ€ comes on. Wow, another classic rock gem? Five episodes in a row? Itâ€™s not even my birthday! Or Christmas. Or Festivus. Or name your special holiday here.
Oh, but itâ€™s not done! After the rolling of credits a â€œSoonâ€ comes on. Normally I wouldnâ€™t recap in detail such segments, but this is TOO good. As a matter of fact, it ends up being the highlight of the entire episode. Why donâ€™t I just bullet every scene we see.
- Sam getting drilled in the nuts on a Japanese game show. Yes, â€œWTF?â€ was my first reaction. I laughed after that.
- Someone hits a man with their car.
- Sam and Dean watch an old manâ€™s body pulled from the morgue.
- Sorry, I laugh WAY too hard on this scene. Theyâ€™re in the brightest, cleanest, most colorful motel room EVER. Thereâ€™s two beds made neatly with fluffy comforters, flowers in blue, green and white on the wall, red floor, bright white cabinets, and a sandwich stacked a mile high in the middle of the perfectly white table. Itâ€™s definitely the bizzaro version of a Supernatural motel room. Dean sees Sam come in the door and cheerfully greets, â€œHey Sam, whatâ€™s happening?â€ Sam cheekily puts his hands on his hips and replies, â€œJust the end of the world.â€ As the laugh track goes off in the background, Dean shrugs with a smile. Sorry, Iâ€™m pausing the Video on Demand here. Then rewinding. Then pausing again. Then laughing my fool head off.
- Sam and Dean are in suits chasing down a woman who tells them to stay away from her. She throws salt on them and realizes theyâ€™re not demons.
- Castiel! Wow, I missed him. He mentions a child whoâ€™s half human, half demon, more powerful than either. â€œOne word and this child will destroy the host of heaven. And I canâ€™t take that chance.â€ Castiel approaches the cute little boy with the knife and the boys cowers in fear. Intense! The music is still rocking BTW.
- Sam and Dean bust into a place where a guy is in bed with two women. He and Dean are playing poker for years. Dean bets 25 years. Heâ€™s asked if heâ€™s sure, Dean says yes. Next scene Sam is pulling a gun on an old man. Itâ€™s Dean! â€œI see youâ€™ve met John McCain here,â€ Bobby in the wheelchair says.
- Old Dean climbs up the stairs, while at the top Sam mocks him that itâ€™s only the 2nd floor.
- Sam and Dean go into a warehouse.
- Theyâ€™re doctors! In brilliant white coats. A nurse comes along and slaps Sam in the face.
- The Impala has a rolling red light going down its front grill, a la Kitt from Knight Rider. Awesome!!
- Sam and Dean watch something burn in a warehouse.
- THIS is the piece de resistance!!! Sam and Dean are in nice suits wearing sunglasses, strolling up to the scene acting all superior. Dean stabs someone in the heart with a wooden stake. Sam hovers over the guy, and oh my God, heâ€™s suddenly Horatio Caine from CSI Miami. He even mimics the voice perfectly. â€œWell I say, jackpot.â€ He puts the sunglasses back on (at night) and he strolls away while Carmine Appice drums the final beats of the song.
Whoa, what the hell are we in for the next three episodes?? I canâ€™t wait to find out. Thatâ€™s a recap folks.