Welcome to our newest experiment, the Let's Discuss threads! The idea is to focus the discussions and topics out there and let burning subjects that are on people's minds to have their own dedicated place.
I've been reading all of the comments out there. There are some very frustrated Sam fans out there. As someone who's been an avid analyzer of the younger Winchester, there's still so much about Sam we don't understand or know. I've made it known I haven't been happy with Sam's character development in season seven (or Dean's either), but season eight doesn't seem to be revealing much either. Yet anyway. One long debate over the last several seasons is whether Sam is truly mysterious, or if his character is suffering from some serious writer's neglect. Or perhaps in between.
Here's just a few questions about Sam raised in season eight so far that are up for discussion:
- Many out there still can't believe that Sam wouldn't look for Dean and quit hunting. Since that seems to be the creative choice, do you think Sam has a good reason? Could there ever be an acceptable explanation for his actions?
- What do you think of Amelia? How do you think his relationship with her soured?
- Sam wants a life that's not by his brother's side. What do you think will have to happen for him to change his mind?
- Is Dean's relationship with Benny pushing out Sam? Will Sam force Dean to choose?
- Is Sam depressed, or still unstable mentally? Did his year away from Dean do more harm than good?
- Are you happy or unhappy with Sam's character development so far? Or is there no character development?
Introduce your own questions too. Anything regarding Sam's character development is fair game.
In your comments, please be aware of our rules. Otherwise, this is a free form discussion where all comments are welcome. If there are other topics that you'd like to see in "Let's Discuss," send your suggestion through the "Contact Us" section.