Here you go, a rare type of report from me! I actually got to attend the Creation Entertainment Salute To Supernatural Gold Member breakfast (whew, what a mouthful!). Normally when I come to these things I go general admission, but because a friend couldn't make it this weekend (thanks Kathy) I ended up with a second row center gold member ticket. That meant I could attend the breakfast this morning.
The breakfast was not without its snafus, but that's all part of another report. Jared and Misha (who arrived late, muttering something about running a marathon) were in rare and fine form this morning. Here's the rundown in no particular order based on some random notes of my part. Also, anything I write is going to be pretty dry compared to actually being there. These guys spent a lot of time joking and having tons of fun with each other and the audience. So, if a video has leaked onto you tube, check it out. They were that entertaining.
- As a little joke, Gary from Creation set up the microphones one very high and one very low. Jared's height has been a big joke among the panelists all weekend. Misha came in first and took the tall one, leaving Jared to bend down to talk on the low one. Eventually they just took the mics off the stand. Jared had to get in something about Misha's height, calling him "A cute little thing." By the way, MAJOR fail to the Westin hotel for their sound system. The microphones have been fuzzy all weekend and it's been hard to hear many of the guests and their answers. This breakfast was no exception.
- Jared asked how we thought season six was going so far. The crowd response was good, but some reactions were mixed. A fan shouted out to Jared "Thanks for the workout!" which reminded him that was the episode that aired this week. He thought it was interesting how Sam is paying for sex now. He was aware that Sam once said he doesn't pay for sex, but wasn't sure which episode. Several fans shouted "Lazarus Rising." "It's scary you all know that," said Misha.
- Both shared the story about filming the new promos that can now be seen at the end of the episodes and as well as other times. They were filmed in LA so they were flown down one weekend. In a HEARTBREAKING story, they said that the wardrobe was flown down a few days before, including the original one-of-a-kind leather jacket of Dean's from season one. That jacket was originally found in a thrift shop and couldn't be replaced. The entire wardrobe was stolen and as of right now that jacket and a few other one-of-a-kind things like Castiel's trenchcoat are gone. Both Misha and Jared claimed they felt awkward in their alternate wardrobe and then broke into random photo shoot poses. It was definitely one of those "you had to be there moments." Think gag reel poses. That would explain why Jared was wearing a leather jacket. The wardrobe person didn't know anything about the show, even getting the wrong kind of trenchcoat for Misha.
- Working with the babies. Jared gave Jensen a huge compliment on handling them. Misha added, "Did you know that he can actually lactate?" Jared explained the first baby was actually twins and the baby wouldn't cry on cue. "He was a terrible actor," he joked. Each one of those shots had a different baby, for they had issues with the mother of the second one.
- Misha was congratulated for becoming a new Dad. He was asked about the middle name. "Anaximander, the usual way." That of course got a lot of ribbing from Jared, who joked about the name being found on a keychain. Jared surmised that Misha was pissed off about not finding his name on keychains at Six Flags and did the same to his son.
- A couple of fans brought guide dogs this weekend. They are both beautiful and well behaved Golden Retrievers. One of the women with a dog, a three foot tall person who uses the dog for assistance with walking, asked Jared where she would come up to him in height. Jared came out to the crowd to see. She was barely at the top of his leg. Then he proceeded to pet both of the guide dogs (so sweet!) and managed to do flying leaps through the audience in the process. Once again, Jared proves his prowess as a physical actor! It's pretty cool in person.
- Jared would get upset (mockingly) every time someone would ask Misha a question, even banging the microphone stand in a sulk. One person then asked Jared a question and started gushing over how he can change from good guy to bad guy, so Misha interrupted, finishing the question with, "What is it like to work with Misha?"
- Someone asked Jared how much he could bench press. He said at once he was doing about 350 lbs, but now its more like 315 lbs. Misha's answer to that question, "How much does a Corolla weigh?"
- My dear friend Patrick, who along with his wife Michelle are at their first con outside of New Jersey and their first one with Jensen and Jared, had to hear the story first hand about the time that Jared broke his wrist. He explained it happened during the scene in "Bloodlust" where Sam was getting hit by the phone. Instead of pretending to fall, he actually fell and landed wrong on his wrist to avoid hitting a stuntman. The wrist hurt for a while, so in the middle of the next episode he had a doctor check it out. It was broken. The doctor told him they had to put a cast on right away or risk the bone dying. The show though was halfway through filming "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" and they told him he could have that done in two weeks.
- To make a long story longer, Jared had surgery performed on his wrist and they knocked him out to do it. Couple that with all the painkillers he was on he showed up to the set the next day very loopy. He even fell down some stairs. So they sent him to his trailer to sleep. A few hours later they woke him up and told him he's done for the day. He went home, woke up a few hours later and he had no clue where he was or how he got there. Needless to say, the combination of the drugs and the surgery really messed him up, so when he went back to have the cast and pins removed he refused to be knocked out and watched the whole thing. He thought it was pretty cool.
- Patrick then asked about him breaking his wrist in the first season. Yes, he broke a couple of bones in his hand after a bar fight, but it wasn't related. They were bones that didn't require a cast. He just needed to let them heal.
- They are wrapping on episode nine this week. Jared said season six has been a lot harder to film. The changes have been big on their end.
Okay, that's all I can remember for now. More reports will be coming, especially from Sablegreen, who has been attending her first con this weekend (and having a great time). Sablegreen will be there at the private Q & A session with Jensen today and will be giving a full report.