- spnsherry's photostream posted a scan of the new TVGuide article on â€œSupernaturalâ€ The only new spoiler from the article is regarding Bobby.â€œBobby helps buddy Sheriff Jody Mills (Kim Rhodes) investigate paranormal activity at a hospital.â€
- More news, episode 7.09 is now called â€œHow to Win Friends and Influence Peopleâ€œ.And SpoilerTV released a new title for 7.08.It will now be called "Time for a Wedding"
- Also a tweet from @onemoremistake produced a casting spoiler.Michael Hogan from Battlestar Galactica will appear as a local sheriff in episode 7.06 â€œSlash Fiction."
- The CW released the Official Description of the Episode 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€, directed by the actor Jensen Ackles.The episode will air on October 7th, 2011.
7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€ The CW Official Description
JENSEN ACKLES DIRECTS â€” Dean (Jensen Ackles) is furious after Sam (Jared Padalecki) disappears to follow a lead on a case with clues that are identical to a case Sam solved as a kid. The demon turns out to be Amy (guest star Jewel Staite), who has been killing low-life thugs and taking their brains for dinner â€“ the same demon Sam found as a kid. Jensen Ackles directed the episode written by Andrew Dabb & Daniel Loflin (#701).
At the CW Fall Premier Party Bash, Jim Beaver took the time to talk to Laura Purdom regarding Season seven of â€œSupernatural.â€He answers some questions regarding Bobbyâ€™s house and the rumors that the house is destroyed in one of the early episodes of the season.
On Bobby's arc this season (and rumors of his house being destroyed): "I've done five of the first six episodes. There are changes involving Bobby's house, but not necessarily [destruction]. I was in Bobby's house set a couple of days ago, as a matter of fact. One thing I've learned, in life as well as on 'Supernatural,' is that whatever you expect, it'll be different."
On a potential love interest: "Bobby has a very nice time in episode 6, a better time than he's had in the previous episodes he's been in. I won't go so far as to commit to what it was, but I think the fans will love it -- I liked it a lot!"
On comparisons between season seven and 'Butch and Sundance': "The real 'Butch Cassidy' connection is that in that movie, they kept looking back at the bad guys chasing them going 'who are those guys?' and there's a lot of that, because Sam and Dean and Bobby are faced with something they've never seen before and their usual tools and tricks and weapons don't work so well. We picked up this show in season one with the boys knowing what they were after and what they were dealing with; now they're learning all over again. But we're fairly innovative fellas, so we find new ways and new things."
On Castiel's link to the new big bad: "Everything Cas did toward the end of the season is going to pay off in very specific ways with this new villainy. The big bad comes directly from what Cas was doing."
Kristin Dos Santos talked a little about the series in her new spoiler column in answer to a fan question.
Greg: Is there going to be a big bad on Supernatural this season? What is up with Castiel?There are going to be multiple big bads. Big old big bads. Aka leviathans. And Castiel is the one who accidentally releases them into the world. Translation: This is not good for Sam and Dean.
Well people, when it rains, it pours.For so long we have had a draught of spoilers for season 7 and now more in one day than Iâ€™ve seen in a while.
- Christine Kilpatrick from â€œHollywood North On Locationâ€ took some BTS photos of SPN filming in Vancouver yesterday and also shot a mini video in which she releases some interesting spoilers.The series is now filming 7.06 â€œSlash Fictionâ€ and Dean and Sam are involved in a back robbery in which someone is killed.
- TV Guide has released a new interview from Jensen Ackles and he does GIVE OUT SPOILERS.A few excerpts below:
Quote from Sera Gamble: "This year," says executive producer Sera Gamble, "we were really inspired by one of our touchstone movies when we think about Dean [Jensen Ackles] and Sam [Jared Padalecki] and their relationship â€” Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. We wanted to pit them against a force that's much greater than them with great resources and take away the tools that Sam and Dean are used to having. They feel outmatched and cornered. It's very much a thriller.'
On Castiel, Ackles comments: â€œWhen they track Cas down, they realize that when he took in all those monsters souls from purgatory, there were much older things that got into him as well. There's a new, basically unknown, enemy in the world. It's something that the guys have never dealt with.â€
On Crowley, Ackles says, â€œHe's been hiding from Cas, who was his partner. There is a little "I'll help you if you help me" going on.â€
On Sam, he says: â€œHe's getting these flashbacks from Hell now that the wall that Death built is crumbling. There are visions and hauntings. It's almost like he has to overcome a drug problem. Dean and Bobby are very concerned because he checks out every now and then.â€
On the hunters environment for the boys; â€œWe're going to start taking things away from Sam and Dean that they've relied on in their hunter life. There's no lore to help them out and no book to tell them what to do. Bobby [Jim Beaver] throws his hands in the air. At one point they might even have to stash the Impala, because it's too recognizable. The lead problem this year, is that all their little tricks that they've used to exist, credit card fraud and gambling, those are ways for this evil to track them down.â€
And he gives more info on the episode he directs, 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€: It will air third [October 7] It was much more challenging than last year. There was a lot of story going on. And flashbacks. [This time] it's a one-off. Sam takes off on his own. He catches a case that he's familiar with back from 1998. He was left home to do research while Dad and Dean were off hunting creatures, and he wound up running into the creatures himself. He had to make a very tough decision when he meets a girl and he's smitten. Now he's tracking her as a grown up. We have a really cool guest star playing her â€” Jewel Staite, who I've known since she was on â€œFirefly.â€
- Official synopsis: SAM HAS FLASHBACKS FROM HELL â€” Castiel (Misha Collins) continues to struggle with the burdens that come with his new-fangled power. The broken wall in Samâ€™s (Jared Padalecki) head causes him to have hallucinations, and he has difficulty discerning whatâ€™s real and whatâ€™s not. Bobby (Jim Beaver) worries that Dean is beginning to stumble under the weight of fighting Castiel and keeping an eye on Sam. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Ben Edlund.
Note from Sablegreen: I have seen a lot of discontent on the net regarding the mistake of not crediting Jensen Akles in the synopsis.Putting in an actorâ€™s name is not just a mark of respect, theyâ€™re legally obligated to give full credit. I can assure you that was definitely a big MISTAKE on the part of the CW and not the first one they have made.Numerous errors were seen in last seasonâ€™s synopsis as well even to the point of crediting the wrong writer for an episode. I wouldnâ€™t be surprised to see this corrected and a new synopsis reissued quickly.
- InsiderTV released an interview they did with Jared Padalecki.He talks about 'Supernatural' season 7 and how Friday rivals 'Fringe' and 'Grimm' can 'bring it.' He previews the boysâ€™ big battle against an â€œabsolute power,â€ Samâ€™s struggles, the upcoming lighthearted moments, and, addresses a question that seems to plague fansâ€™ minds at the beginning of every season (even though we all usually hate to admit it) â€“ Samâ€™ hair.
- The TV Guide article â€œMega Buzzâ€ released some interesting information about a new character coming this season.
Where's the Supernatural scoop? â€”Jacob NATALIE: Bill Murray's guest-starring! OK, not really, but the show will feature a man named Johnny Tomorrow, a Murray-esque washout who owns a local Magic Emporium that catches the Winchester boys' eyes. He becomes a suspect when his competition, a famous psychic, turns up dead.
- TVOvermind posted this accounting of 7.01 â€œMeet The New Bossâ€.
â€œThe premiere will pick up right where the season 6 finale left off.Castiel will refrain from killing Sam, Dean and Bobby but tells them they need to stay out of his business, despite the fact that they are obviously horrified by what he's become.His business involves setting out to "right some of the wrongs in the world".From what we've heard, that's going to involve killing people (and angels).
In a desperate attempt to stop his old friend, Dean comes up with a plan: they should summon and bind Death and get him to stop Castiel. But Cas is a clever one and he steps in to disrupt Dean's plan.The end result?Dean is left to face a very angry Death.The network also warns that Sam will be dealing with the broken wall in his head from the get-go.All of this makes sense when you factor in the promo for season 7 that we've seen (view it here).There's Death, there's Sam in pain (likely from the broken wall and Hell memories) and there's Castiel going on a spree.
Expect the problems with Cas to continue until episode 7.02.What happens after that, only time will tell at this point.â€
- Time for a mystery spoiler.Kim Rhodes tweeted on her account, â€œWho's goin to Vancouver and gets to kiss @jumblejim once she's there? And get paid for it? I donâ€™t want to name names, but it rhymes with ME!â€
Do I sense a Sherriff Jody Mills and Bobby Singer relationship?....maybe a marriage?Whoa!
The official synopsis for Episode 7.01, "Meet The New Boss" has been released.
Supernatural Episode 7.01 - "Meet The New Boss"
CASTIEL TAKES ON HIS NEW ROLE AS GOD â€” Castiel (Misha Collins) doesnâ€™t kill Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Bobby (Jim Beaver) but warns them not to interfere in his business. Assuming his new role as God, Castiel sets out to right some of the wrongs in the world. Dean decides they should bind Death (guest star Julian Richings) and order him to stop Castiel, but the former angel is one step ahead of them, leaving Dean to face a very angry Death. Meanwhile, Sam struggles to deal with the broken wall in his head. Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Sera Gamble (#701).
EW.com has a casting spoiler!
For episode 7.06, 90210's James Patrick Stewart will play a new baddie! According to the article, "EW has learned exclusively that James Patrick Stewart, who CW frequents know as Naomiâ€™s dad on 90210, will be appearing in the sixth episode of Supernatural this season as a new baddie named Richard Roman. Showrunner Sera Gamble explains: â€œRichard is a very canny, charming, well-connected new adversary. When we first meet him, Crowley has sought him out specifically to join forces with him to pursue common interests. Put it this way: Crowley doesnâ€™t bring a muffin basket to just anyone.â€ Stewart, whose other credits include All My Children and CSI, is set to appear in one episode so far."
- Zap2it releases a casting spoiler for season 7.In episode 7.06, now called â€œSlash Fictionâ€, we are introduced to an new character, Frank Devereaux, described as a "mad computer geniusâ€.That character will be played by veteran actor Kevin McNally.
- Sandra Gonzalez of Insider TV recently interviewed Mark Sheppard regarding his characters on â€œLeverageâ€ and â€œSupernaturalâ€.Below is his comment on â€œSupernaturalâ€.
â€œâ€¦. â€œSera [Gamble] said that what Cas has said about this demon was going to be explored at some point, and that she has plans for this demon. But who knows? Maybe they just blew me up,â€ he says of his confirmed appearance in episode 1.
Sheppard, a longtime viewers of the CW show, also says heâ€™s noticed Supernatural has gone back to basics, focusing on character development. â€œItâ€™s going back to what made the show so popular,â€ he explains. â€œYouâ€™ve had these big, angels and demons wars, and the devil, and death. These things will obviously continue on in some way, but the root of it is Dean and Sam and I think itâ€™s fascinating. Itâ€™s very much back to the root element.â€
But will that â€œroot elementâ€ include more appearances by Crowley? Of course, he wonâ€™t say. He did, however, hint: â€œItâ€™s a lot of fun when Crowley is connected to the boys in a lot of ways. The fans have enjoyed that connection. They do well in that situation. It always pays off very well. Iâ€™m looking forward to seeing whether that happens or not.â€
- More titles have been released for upcoming episodes, so I listed them all here in case you missed any.
7.04 "Defending Your Life"
7.05 "Shut Up, Dr. Phil"
7.06 "Slash Fiction" 7.07 "All in the Family"
7.08 "The Mentalists"
7.09 "Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!"
Episode 7.06, â€œSlash Fiction,â€ will feature the introduction of a recurring character, â€œFrankâ€, who will be a â€œmad computer geniusâ€.
- CW released an extended promo for 7.01 which can be viewed . - Three new interviews with Jensen and Jared have recently been released by E!Online. In them Jensen and Jared discuss Deanâ€™s story, or lack thereof, Samâ€™s personal troubles from his time in hell, Bobbyâ€™s romantic interest and Castiel.You can view the videos by clicking . - More BTS photos have been released for episode 7.04.Two give casting spoilers. First is actor Faran Tahir from Warehouse 13. There has been some discussion that he plays â€œOsiris,â€ the Egyptian god of the dead.Second is actress Emilie Ullerup, who played Ashley on Sanctuary.IMDb has her listed as playing a character named â€œMia.â€
Charisma Carpenter, who had her first day of shooting episode 7.05 on Supernatural, shared this adorable photo of her and Jared on her Twitter, @AllCharisma. I guess it was just them on the set that day.
Why is Jared all wet? What a tease! Anyway, here's Charisma's tweet. "Hanging' onset. First Day. New girl. Making' friends."
August 22, 2011
- Spoiler TV also has posted titles for episode 7.07 â€œAll in the Familyâ€, 7.08 â€œThe Mentalistsâ€, and 7.09 â€œ Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!â€.
- Just Jared has posted some BTS photos taken last Saturday.
August 21, 2011
- The CW released a short promo for the season premier 7.01 â€œMeet The New Boss.â€
To view the promo click
August 17, 2011
- TVLine released casting spoilers for episode 7.05 â€œShut Up, Dr. Philâ€ in an article today.Two Buffyverse alumni, Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters, (aka Cordelia and Spike) will be playing husband and wife in the episode.
â€œThis episode is â€˜Bewitched gone wrong,â€™â€ reveals showrunner Sera Gamble. â€œ[It was] all upside for this successful man (Marsters) while he was married to the witch (Carpenter), but now that heâ€™s pissed her off, the whole town is paying the price.â€
- BTS photos by Susan Gittins of â€œSupernatural" shooting on location in Gastown, Vancouver on Aug 13th and 14th (Saturday and Sunday).They are currently filming episode 7.04 â€œDefending Your Life.â€
August 11, 2011 - BTS pics of episode 7.04 â€œDefending Your Lifeâ€courtesy of @PUNKDImages via twitter.Caption for the impalas claims there were two more also seen.Thatâ€™s four Babies in one episodeâ€¦.Got to be good!
August 5, 2011
This is from Guy Norman Bee's twitter (@guynormanbee). He posted a picture from the location shoot where he was filming episode 7.02. It looks like the back of the old Riverview Hospital where they filmed "Aslyum." Most curious!
EOnline did an interview with Misha Collins at the TCA Press Tour, and he talked about a diminished role for Castiel this season:
""The character is not providing that comic relief anymore, which I think is fine. I think that sort of ran its course," Collins says. "It's one of the things that's great about the show. They don't rest on their laurels. Just because something is working, doesn't mean they keep doing it. They like to change it up and try something new and it doesn't get staleâ€”and that's cool."
"I'm not playing the fish out of water sidekick anymoreâ€”that element is gone," Collins continues, joking, "The show is not going to be funny anymore. Period."
While Collins wouldn't divulge too much about Castiel's role (or ultimate goal) this season, he teases, "He's God and he's trying to rectify the wrongs in the world and having a difficult time doing it and meeting with both external and internal obstacles."
Could one of those obstacles be his friendship with Dean? Of Cas' relationship with Dean, Collins would only say it's "definitely a changed and diminished dynamic." Take from that what you will.
So how has the transition from loyal sidekick to being big and bad worked out for Collins? "It's a different position to be in. I was always supporting them. We were always fighting on the same side and now we're definitely at loggerheads. It's a totally different dynamic."
- Spoiler TV posted the title for episode 7.05 of â€œSupernaturalâ€ as "Shut Up, Dr. Phil"
- Zap2it spoke with Collins at the Television Critics Association party on Wednesday night, and he helped to shed some light on Castiel's current point of view. "I'll spoil this right now for you -- he does start the season as both a wrathful and vengeful god," Collins says. "But he's also righteous, in his own mind. He thinks that he's doing the right thing."
In the Season 6 finale, Castiel brought down the "wall" in Sam's (Jared Padalecki) mind that protected him from his memories of hell, destroying Sam's mental health in a way that's unfathomable to any other human.
Don't hold your breath for Castiel to make good on that promise, though. "No, he wants Sam to suffer for a while," Collins says. "Sam's basically f***ed."
SFO released a number of tweets from people who claim to have seen Mark Pellegrino on the set filming "Supernatural" today, which is currently filming Guy Norman Beeâ€™s episode 7.02 â€œHello Cruel Worldâ€.
If true, WOW!!!!
EW has release a little more about Castiel in Season 7.First, we will see Cas in 7.04 titled â€œDefending Your Lifeâ€.
This bit comes from Misha Collins, the unangelic former-angel-turned-God, who explained to a roundtable of reporters that he has hope for Castielâ€™s redemption this season â€” even though he has yet to read of anything promising in the scripts so far. â€œHaving lived with him for the last three years, Cas definitely has a soft spot in my heart,â€ he said. â€œI have an affection for the character, and I would like to see him redeemed somehow. I hope that happens for Cas. I donâ€™t know how much â€” or if thatâ€™s going to happen. But I hope so. Because I kind of like the guy.â€ Um, so do we. (I thinkâ€¦) But Casâ€™ â€œdrunk with powerâ€ persona wonâ€™t get a great reception from those other guys we happen to like on the show, Collins said.
â€œ[Dean and Sam] are being kind of a pain in the ass, honestly. They need to be whipped into shape a little bit, in my humble opinion,â€ he said, with a hint of humor in his voice. â€œItâ€™s hard to talk about without ruining it for you. But I sort of start the season off letting sleeping dogs lie with them because they are completely powerless and ineffectual against me. Of course, they end up being a thorn in my side â€” as they always tend to do.â€
As for the body count in the first three scripts (1, 2, and 4 are the ones heâ€™s received so far) Collins says itâ€™s high. â€œDefinitely in the thousands; I donâ€™t think in the millions, but I could be wrongâ€¦ but itâ€™s definitely not at or near zero.â€
- SFO posted the title of episode 7.02 as â€œHello Cruel Worldâ€.The episode starts filming this Thursday under the auspices of Guy Norman Bee. Keep an eye on his Twitter account.He has said he will tweet teasers occasionally.
- Mike Ausiello released some spoilers from Comic con in his latest article.These are in repose to fan questions.
Question: Itâ€™s really looking like Cas is going to be killed off in Episode 2 of Supernatural. Can you give us any hope at all that heâ€™ll survive beyond that? â€”Tabitha
Ausiello: Nope, and neither can his portrayer Misha Collins. â€œI would love to tell you [but] Iâ€™m not going to,â€ he told TVLine over the weekend at Comic-Con. â€œI donâ€™t like to give away secretsâ€¦You might see me a lot next year. If you have a poster of me on your wall, youâ€™ll see me daily. But how much Iâ€™ll be on Supernatural is a secret. And I actually donâ€™t know. That makes it easier to not tell you.â€ When we do see Cas, he will be â€œdrunk with power,â€ reveals Collins. â€œHeâ€™s trying to do what he thinks a God should be doing on Earth and in Heaven, which is fairly righteous and wrathful. Rectifying the worldâ€™s problems. I think heâ€™s making, in many respects, the world a better place. But thereâ€™s a fair amount of smiting going on too. You take the good with the bad.â€
Question: Any Supernatural spoilers? Please? â€”Nic
Ausiello: Look for Sam and Deanâ€™s already difficult lives to get even tougher. After years of skirting the law, the boys are â€œstarting to be found,â€ Jared Padalecki teased at Comic-Con, which means the Winchesters are â€œlosing a lot of our aces in the hole.â€ Adds executive producer Ben Edlund, â€œWeâ€™ve been saying that they do things a certain way. Their techniques, their methods â€“ they know what theyâ€™re doing. They know their job. They have their support networks. Those things in their lives are going to challenged.â€ Insert the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid feel showrunner Sera Gamble teased to us back in May, and, â€œTheyâ€™re going to find themselves, in a sense, running from lots of guns,â€ continues Edlund. â€œThe stuff they face this season, itâ€™s massive.â€ But Edlund believes thereâ€™s still room for laughs. â€œThereâ€™s a natural absurdity to being on the air for seven seasons and the number of times theyâ€™ve died,â€ he says. â€œThereâ€™s a quality thatâ€™s going to lend itself to a little more ambient comedy this year.â€
July 26, 2011
Here are some spoilers from Comic con that appeared in various interviews.
The K-site has some interesting spoilers from Jensen Ackles in their Comic.con article.
On season 7 Ackles says:
â€œI think we know from last season, that obviously there's a big shift in the character of Castiel. That proves to be a big, big problem for the guys. Not only has this all-powerful being appeared, but it's also taken away their only ally that they really had in that realm. With that transfer of power, there's also big fallout of that, because without giving away too much, due to that aspect of this new God, there's released an evil that the boys have no idea how to handle. There's no lore to tell them what to do. There are no books written about it. There are no hunters that have ever dealt with anything like this before. And that's going to basically render them completely helpless, because all of the tools of the trade that they've used over the past six years, or all of their lives, are pretty much useless.That's going to be interesting. I'm anxious to see what they come up with.â€
He also talked a bit about episode 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€:
â€œIt's a bit of a slice of life from Sam's standpoint. What we learn in Episode Two still translates into Episode Three, that Sam is battling some inner demons, to say the least. He comes across a job, and we get back to that old formula of Supernatural, where he goes and hunts, and Sam decides to go do it himself, because it's something from his past.
We actually go back into his past, and we see Sam at age 15 which of course Colin Ford who's played him before as a young Sam, he comes and plays him again, and does a really good job. But we get to go back in time and see Sam as a 15 year old, hunting and doing what he doesn't really want to be doing at that age, but doing it anyway because that's what his father and his older brother are telling him to do. It's a slice of life from Sam's point of view and his past.â€
Jim Beaver also talked a bit about Season 7 to Digital Spy, Mo Ryan, Collider and InsiderTV.
He said that he would like to write an episode for the Supernatural. "I'm actually toying with the idea of writing a script myself," said Beaver. "But as lazy as I am, I might not finish it until season 46!"
He also said regarding Sheriff Rhodes, "Sheriff Mills [Kim Rhodes] is coming back for an episode or two. The new big bad for the season is really going to show its face in the second episode, and sort of by coincidence, Sheriff Mills is going to get caught up in that, and she's going to rely on Bobby a bit to help her out of the situation. What happens after that I don't know, because I haven't read the script past that ... there are things I do know that I can't talk about that make me put a big 'maybe' on that, 'cause there's going to be some interesting infrastructure and geographical shifts in the show, so a lot of things that Sam and Dean and Bobby and the audience have counted on are gonna get reshuffled. [Cas is involved] only indirectly.â€He also said he, â€œhopes that this means that Bobby will get lucky romantically for once.â€
On the season premier:
The season picks up seconds after the season 6 finale and that this season is â€œscarierâ€ than usual in some ways. â€œThereâ€™s a certain sense of futility thatâ€™s come over us in the first episode,â€ Beaver told press. â€œWe did a scene just on Friday where one of the guys was saying â€˜Well, I canâ€™t do anything about this. So Iâ€™m just going to do what I can do, and work on some seemingly smaller things.â€™â€ To read their entire articles click the site Digitalspy, Mo Ryan, Collider.com, InsiderTV
A few tidbits from various interviews with Sera Gamble
- Jo Harvelle is returning in season 7, who'll be back for "an episode or two," Gamble said. â€œDeath will be back as well.â€
-There are no plans for Chuck, whom some fans thought was God, to return in the early part of the season.
- According to Gamble, Crowley will also return.â€œYes, you will see him very early in the season,â€ says Gamble. â€œCastiel said he wasnâ€™t killing him because he had plans for him and we reveal what those plans will be. As usual he is extremely funny.â€
- As for creatures, Gamble says there will be some â€œghost stories coming up soon.â€ â€œWeâ€™ll also have shapeshifting creatures, angels, demons,â€ she adds. â€œWe always pull a couple of variations out of our pocket with some new creatures we will reveal over the course of some episodes.â€
- And from the panel, Gamble said, â€œBen just pitched a ninja story!â€
A few tidbits from various interviews with Ben Edlund
- "The first piece for Cas is that he's our new God," Ben Edlund said. "His story is about stabilizing this God complex. I can't really talk too much about it because the cliffhanger is so about Cas, it's so about where his character is going to go and the ramifications of what he's done, that basically, in a sense I feel like ... the first episode of the new season is, in a sense, the 23rd episode of the last season. It's another crescendo. We can't really talk about it because it's the other big set of shoes dropping -- we're dropping eight shoes in that one." - "We need to repopulate so that we can kill more people," Edlund said. "We've talked about various possible characters we can bring in -- we always want to have a ground of people for them to relate to, so new characters will come. They're gonna have a tough year, Sam and Dean, and we're really looking at how have they been operating all these years. What have their tools been? What have their methods been? How can we take those things and make them difficult for them to use? And they have to learn new tricks and have to evolve, too. The season's about challenging them as hunters. Previous seasons have been about challenging them as brothers or as humans or as men, and in this one, they're going to have professional difficulties because the world is going to try and eat them."
- When asked if there would be more time-travel, he would say yes.They donâ€™t have any definite events in mind specifically but now that they have broken the barrier it was a possibility.
On Cass: Cas starts season as god and things have to stabilize from there. It a challenge to their creativity to write s7. and the writers may have , jokingly, backed themselves into a corner, but they will work it out. Everyone is growing with the show and itâ€™s going to be fun.
- Executive producer Ben Edlund says they also have a creature we havenâ€™t seen before.
â€œItâ€™s a Japanese folkloric creature,â€ he adds.
- â€œSam has three of himself in his own head â€“ thatâ€™s some crazy s**t,â€ says Edlund. â€œHeâ€™s going to be grappling with his own sanity, so we have lots of stuff to play.â€
- â€œEveryone working on Supernaturalis earnest and clever and wants to make it as good as they can,â€ says Edlund. â€œAnd the pieces weâ€™re using for Season 7 are consistent with an overall myth. It fits into the larger story that we will tell more about later. Youâ€™ll learn more about purgatory and how all these things work as a mythic whole, while still pursuing the story. Iâ€™m surprised we kept as much coherence as we have.â€
- Sam and Dean in space? â€œThereâ€™s got to be a way we can get them on a spaceship in one episode,â€ EP Ben Edlund pondered. â€œWeâ€™ve got a lot of people who could do it. Thereâ€™re gods and tricksters. Thereâ€™s any number of ways we could do it. And they can have little uniforms.â€
Supernatural Sneak peek from Comic.com of 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€ directed by Jensen Ackles.
To view, &feature=player_embedded">click here
Here is a photo from Colin Fordâ€™s Twitter account of him and his latest SPN director, Jensen Ackles.
July 22, 2011
This is Alice bringing a live report from Comic Con:
I just got my hands on the special edition Warner Brothers TV Guide printed just for Comic Con. There is a great 9 page spread in there for Supernatural including a spoilery season seven preview with Sera Gamble. Here are some of the highlights (I'll have the full interview available later). The interview is from TV Guide's Illeane Rudolph, a very good friend to the show.
Are we finished with the arc about Sam's memories of Hell?
No. Sam herocially got it together to help his brother in the finale. He spent a lot of credit just to be vertical in that final scene (when he tried to rescue Dean from Castiel). He'll pay a really big price for that in the beginning of season 7.
Now that Misha Collins is no longer a series regular, how much will we see Castiel?
I can't say exactly how much he'll be around without giving away a lot. We will see him in more than just the first episode. There's never been a character we've loved as much as Castiel or an actor loved as much as Misha. With the exception of Jared and Jensen,Supernatural has a long history of weaving characters in and out of the story.
What does that mean for Castiel's story line?
I can't give away too much about it, but I can say that we plan to pick up very, very soon after where we left off and explain exactly what the transformation was for Cas, what he plans to do with the angels in Heaven and to Sam, Dean and Bobby, and to Crowley. The whole nine yards.
That doesn't sound good.
What we're saying is that Cas is not evil. He's transformed. That might not be good, but that's not mustache-twirling evil either.
Will Sam and Dean be on the run a lot?
They will be. We have new creatures in story for the boys. We'll bring back some favorites and bring in some new ones. There's an earth full of monsters and demons and evil spirits. There's always another bad thing for Sam and Dean to kill.
Good old-gashioned monsters that eat people. I was just pitched a story with a new creature that does nasty things to people. We'll also have ghosts and a story with psychics and mediums.
Now that Dean has wiped the memories of ex-girlfriend Lisa and her son Ben - who had given him his once chance at living in a normal family situation - does that kill all chances for the boys to find true love and happiness?
It wasn't what I call a high point for Dean. I don't think it's a statement about the rest of their lives necessarily, but it certainly is a statement about where they are today.
And finally, what's the prognosis for the wrecked Impala?
Well, the last time we saw it, it was upside down! But it would have to be in a million pieces not to have Dean put it back together again!
It seems he wasnâ€™t alone because Christine K. posted this: Everyone was working today On Location of #Supernatural. Sam, Dean, Bobby, Castiel, Angels and Death?! â€“ Epi #702 http://twitpic.com/5t7bhh
Thanks to the PUNKD Images for releasing BTS photos from episode 7.03 "The Girl Next Door" directed by Jensen Ackles. The new pictures feature Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and newcomer Michael Nyuis shooting scenes in West Vancouver.
July 12, 2011
Guy Norman Bee just tweeted that he will be directing 7.02, Jensen 7.03, which is shooting now, and Phil Sgriccia will direct 7.01 Season7 Premiere.
Information is circulation about spoilers released at the NJ â€œSupernaturalâ€ convention this past weekend.
Both SFO and Spoiler TV reported that In Jaredâ€™s Q&A, he stated the season would have 23 episodes instead of the usual 22 ending on a two parter.The extra episode means the season finale will be 2 hours instead of 1. It does NOT mean that it is the series finale.
Guy Norman Bee also has been tweeting with Kim Rhodes (Sheriff Jody Mills) about her appearance in episode 7.03, one that he is directing.And he twitted a photo of a script page for the episode listing Ben Edlund as the writer.
July 10, 2011
Thanks to Deborah for these spoiler tidbits!
TV Overmind also released some new info on the episode 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€.While on a hunt, the boys come across a woman named Amy, played by Jewel Staite, alumni of â€œFireflyâ€ and â€œStargate: Atlantis.â€Amy knew Dean and Sam as teenagers and now has a kid of her own.
Casting tidbits have begun to surfacing regarding some of the episodes in season 7.
EW.com has released information Alona Tal (Jo Harvelle) â€˜crypticallyâ€™ tweeted yesterday she would return to season seven for an undetermined amount of episodes.
And SFO reported that the actress Kim Rhodes, who plays the Sheriff Jody Mills, said at the New Jersey convention sheâ€™ll be back at some point in season 7.
July 6, 2011
Misha Collins broke his long silence since the season finale of Supernatural to Laura Prudom of AOLtv while traveling with him to Haiti for his charity, Random Acts.
Of his role in season 7, Collins said, â€œ"I am not going to be a series regular on 'Supernatural' next year. I don't really know what my role on the show is going to be. I know that I'm going to be in the first two episodes at this point, but I don't know beyond that what the season holds for me."
The article continued, "Although Collins hadn't yet read the script for the second episode at the time of our interview, he did express hope for "some redemption" for the beloved character. And since the original plan was for Castiel to die in season six before the producers revised their position, we're cautiously optimistic that there's a chance for Castiel to receive an arc worthy of the character Collins and the writers have created, when all is said and done."
Jim Beaver tweeted today that he is â€œOff to Vancouver.â€Supernatural starts filming season seven tomorrow and the first episode they will film is 7.03, â€œThe Girl Next Door.â€Jensen Ackles is rumored to be directing this episode which will also feature Colin Ford.
TV Addict posed more information on episode 7.03 â€œThe Girl Next Doorâ€ in respone to a fan question
Season 7 of SUPERNATURAL cannot come soon enough! Any scoop? â€” Noam The TV Addict: Entitled â€œThe Girl Next Door,â€ SUPERNATURALâ€™s much anticipated seventh season will kick off by not just introducing fans to an old friend of Samâ€™s, but will flashback to Sam and Deanâ€™s teenage years where weâ€™ll meet, as the episodeâ€™s title suggests, the girl next doorâ€¦ a beautiful girl who in typical SUPERNATURAL fashion harbours a terrible, emphasis on the terrible, secret.
June 27, 2011
Some really exciting news on the casting front. Colin Ford, who recently did an interview with us, is coming back for an episode of Supernatural! It'll be a flashback episode to when Sam is 15 years old. It'll be episode 7.03, which we have info is the episode Guy Norman Bee is directing. Here's a description of the episode courtesy of Spoiler TV:
Episode 7.03 of Supernatural will be called "The Girl Next Door"
A young girl called Amy is being cast for the episode who will appear in flashbacks of Sam. Sam saved her from being bullied when they were 15 years old. Later she saves Sam's life and is disappointed when he won't leave town with her.
In the present Amy is in her late 20s and has settled down with a job, a mortgage and an 11 year old son and is very surprised to see Sam again.
Also being cast is a possible recurring "terrifying hit man" in his 30s/40s who is described as "scary like Javier Bardem in "No Country For Old Men""
There are also reports that Brock Kelly, who played young Dean Winchester in "After School Special" will be returning as well, but it's been confirmed that he's only in talks right now to return at some point in season seven.
Update: Here's an article on Zap2It about this spoiler as well. It seems that episode 7.03 will be the first one shot and will be the one directed by Jensen Ackles.
Director Guy Norman Bee has been tweeting his directing schedule for season 7.He has confirmed he will be directing 7.03, 7.09 and 7.21.He goes to Vancouver July 18 to prep the episode and starts shooting around 7/28.He also promised, â€œWithout sending â€œspoilersâ€ I will tease as much as I can!â€
He also tweeted on June 17 that he had not a clue as to the content of 7.03.â€œâ€¦.the writers are laying out the season now but itâ€™s not even close to being written yet.â€
June 20, 2011
- First news about season 7 Supernatural in a while was released today.The CW released its complete Fall lineup.â€œSupernaturalâ€ is to return on September 23, 2011.In case you havenâ€™t already heard.Filming for the season 7 will start July 6th with episode 2.Jensen Ackles will be directing that episode, so they will film it first to give him time to prepare.The title has yet to be released.
This comes from Yirabah at the AECON this weekend in Mannheim, Germany. She attended the coffee lounge with Jensen. He talks about directing in season seven:
He was asked if he will direct another episode. He said yes it will be ep 2 and again it will be the first one filmed. Before ep 1. He has to be back in Vancouver for that at June 26. I asked "Would you like it to be an episode without Dean or rather a lot of Dean?" "Without Dean" came the whole hearted answer immediately. And then came the longest answer in the whole coffee lounge explaining how hard it is for him to switch between actor and director mode. He was also asked if he would like to direct a movie and he said he doesn't know. He feels comfortable doing it with Supernatural since he knows the show and the crew but he doesn't know if he could do a movie.
Vlada Gelman from TVLine.com released a new article today with some small season seven tidbits.Sera had a few things to say about Castiel...
â€œI would consider Cas, in the last few minutes of the finale, to have been transformed. We try to be realistic about the fact that people on this show do cross lines that canâ€™t be uncrossed. But we examine those things in terms of Sam and Dean. They have a tremendous capacity to move forward. We always look for the chance to have redemption.â€
Also a small teaser for the next season:
â€œWe had everyone on the writing staff watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Bob Singer, Eric Kripke and I were really hungry to capture some of that cowboy, outlaw spirit for Sam and Dean.â€
The CW released its fall schedule and an account of each show.The press release contained a short description of Supernaturalâ€™s season seven.
Now, in season seven, the Winchesters will find themselves in an increasingly sinister, changing landscape, up against a new foe unlike anything they've ever fought. They'll find their old tricks, weapons and hiding places all rendered useless. All they'll have is each other. And the certainty that, like the last of the cowboy outlaws, whatever they face, they're not going down without a fight. The series stars Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester, Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester and Misha Collins as Castiel. SUPERNATURAL is from Warner Bros. Television in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, with executive producers McG ("Charlie's Angels," "The O.C."), Robert Singer (Midnight Caller), Sera Gamble and Phil Sgriccia.
May 16, 2011 - Spoiler from Asylum6 this weekend stated that Jensen Ackles will direct episode 7.02 next season.Season 7 begins filming July 6. This has yet to be confirmed by CW.