Welcome to SPN Short Stories! We’re a project dedicated to creating a collection of short fan fiction stories, to be printed in a book that you can have and hold and cherish for yourself. Various information about the project can be found throughout our pages, but here’s a brief summary of what we’re doing.
We’re collecting original works from various fandom authors who’ve agreed to be a part of this project, and each of those works will correspond to one of the collection’s themes. These pieces will be gen, canon-compliant, and shorter than 1200 words each. Each work will be newly written for this project and previously unpublished.
The book isn’t meant to tell a story, but rather, to be a collection of snapshots- bits and pieces of the characters and universe that we have come to know and love over the past twelve years; it’s something of a monument to the show that’s done so much for us, as well as the incredible fandom that’s been built around it.
Once the authors have been properly accounted for, we’ll be running a Kickstarter campaign to fund the book’s printing and distribution, while any net profit will be donated (specifics to be determined- look here for more). Helping us fund the Kickstarter will give you an opportunity to get a copy of the book yourself, as well as any additional rewards we may add along the way. Depending on general feedback, we may also print a few additional copies of the book to be sold post-campaign (with profits going, again, to the charity or charities we’ve selected).
Overall, this project is a labour of love that’s been in the works for a few months now, and that we’ll hopefully be able to see through to completion over the next little while. Feel free to check out our other pages for more detailed information about this project, or send us an ask if there’s anything you’re not sure about. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
This Bang event is for Supernatural and Supernatural RPF fanfics that focus on the relationships between Dean, Sam and Castiel, or Jared, Jensen and Misha. Team Free Will BB stories can be gen, or have a particular pairing, or threesome or poly construct.What’s important is that all three characters are present and are the focus of the story.For example:You can write a Sam/Cas story that also explores the deep friendship between Dean and Cas, and Sam and Dean’s brother relationship.You cannot write a Sam/Dean story in which Cas does not appear, or a Dean/Cas story where Sam is off doing research for most of the story.
What’s the best way to celebrate the birthday of our favorite little brother? By creating the things you do best - fics, graphics, gif sets, poems, vids, any and all fanworks devoted to Sam Winchester. @ohsamtumbles and @spnlittlebro are teaming up to host a cross-platform birthday extravaganza the week of Sam’s birthday, and here’s how it’s going to work:
- Saturday, March 25th: OhSam LiveJournal comm will put up a masterpost for people to leave one- or two-word prompts (for example: “autumn”, “blood loss”, “surprise”). For those who don’t have LJ accounts, no worries! Anon commenting will be available on the post for you to leave prompts (please leave one prompt per comment, which will make it easier to keep track of prompts and fills).
- Saturday, April 1st: The masterpost for prompts will close, and no new prompts can be added after this point. There won’t be any claims - each prompt is open and can have multiple fills. We’re excited to see the variety of things you all come up with!
- April: You have the month of April to work on fills. These should be hurt/comfort, Sam-centric original work (fic, art, graphics, poetry, vids, you name it!).
- Monday, May 1st to Sunday, May 7th:
- Another masterpost will go up on OhSam LJ to keep track of the fills, and you can begin posting your work on either LJ or tumblr.
- If you post a fill on LJ, comment on the masterpost with a link.
- Tumblr users tag their creations here with #celebratingsam and we will be reblogging those. If you can, post a link on LJ when you fill a prompt. (If you can’t, let the mods at @spnlittlebro or @ohsamtumbles know and we will make sure a link is added and people know the prompt’s been filled).
https://t.co/5wkSxBEUw8 2017 Masterlist of 89 Supernatural works of genius :D (please check that your work is correctly labelled!!)— springfling mod (@spnspringfling) April 17, 2017
April 1: Author and artist sign ups open
May 1: Author sign-ups close
June 1: Author check-up (a casual check to see how you’re doing)
July 1: Mandatory author check-in
Aug 1: Email sent to authors requesting rough drafts and summaries for artist claims. Drafts must be at least 80% complete to be accepted.
Aug 3: Final day for authors to submit drafts (80% complete or more) and summaries for claims – no exceptions. Artist sign-ups close.
Aug 9: Story summaries will be sent by email for registered artists to review.
Aug 19: Claims open to registered artists at 10am EST
Aug 20: Public claims open to all artists at 10am EST and continue until all stories have been claimed. Team introduction emails will be sent out as artists are assigned and teams are confirmed.
Aug 22: Team check-ins #1. All teams must have introduced themselves and authors should have sent a rough draft to their artist (or made arrangements to do so).
Aug 22: Email sent to authors requesting promo information
Aug 24: Any posting date conflicts/preferences should be sent to mods by this date
Aug 26: Posting Schedule released
Sept 1: Team Promotions begin
Sept 9: Email reminder for mandatory team check in #2 goes out
Sept 16: Team check-ins #2. Teams must have communicated by this point and alerted the mods as to any problems. Failure to check in may disqualify you from the challenge.
Sept 17: Email sent with reminder re: art drafts and final fic drafts along with submission link for both.
Sept 24: Art drafts due. Final fic drafts due
Oct 1: Posting begins and runs through November
Dates are subject to change. Any changes to dates will be announced.
Do you like to write AU’s? Do you like writing about Crowley selling puppies to Sam more than him being the King of Hell?? Do you like writing about John being a nice dad who cares about his kids with all his heart???
Look no further, because the SPN AU Bang is here to cater to all your AU needs. The purpose of this bang is to increase the non-canon content in our fandom. You have the freedom to write anything (with the exception of the restricted items, as stated in the rules), as long as it isn’t canon.From May to December, we will be hosting this bang!
|May 1||sign ups open|
|June 1||sign ups close for writers/betas|
|July 15||writer check-in|
|Aug 15||rough drafts due sign ups close for artists|
|Aug 20||art claims|
|Aug 25||writer/artist pairs announced|
|Oct 15||writer check-in|
|Oct 15||artist check-in|
|Nov 25||final drafts due|
What Is It? The Spn Song Creations Challenge is a challenge blog dedicated to Supernatural and music as a source of inspiration.
How Does It Work? Every month, the prompts for the challenge will have a theme based on music. This can include genres, artists, albums, etc. The prompt can be interpreted freely and the work can be any form of media including graphics, gifs, fanart, fanvids, fanfic, etc.
The puppet versions of our stars!! 🎬 pic.twitter.com/b1wZMFis75— Kevin Parks (@SNkevinandjill) April 13, 2017
This project and collection of letters is officially being dubbed “PittCon 2017: The Jared Padalecki Project”
I’m going to list some guidelines below, as I’ve gotten a ton of questions about it.
1. Use the subject “Letters to Jared” when you send the email. This will help me sort through them, considering this is my personal email account and I do receive many emails there daily.
2. The letters must be sent via email. If you send them to my inbox (either my ask or my submit), I will not use them. Sorry, it’s just way easier for me to have them all in one place.
3. If you choose to be anonymous in your letter, please state that first and foremost in your email. (before starting your letter)
4. You can include a photo of yourself sporting some AKF clothing if you so choose! This also applies to anyone who has already sent a letter, just shoot me another email containing your picture (still using the same subject line) and I’ll put them together.
5. Subject matter should be positive! I do not want these letter to bring Jared down or put him in a bad place. We are thanking him, not trying to push our issues on him. *I do not want to read the letters, as I respect your privacy, but if I feel I have to because of people not following this guideline, I will.*
6. Length of the letters should not be an issue, as I don’t foresee people telling their whole life stories, but I’ll limit it to one page in a Microsoft Word/Google document.
7. Deadline for sending the letters is August 10, 2017! PittCon is one month after that, so that should give me enough time to put everything together!
**If you have any questions regarding the project or the letters, please ask me by sending an ask or a private message! I can’t wait to hear from all of you :)
During the course of 2017, this store will be selling artwork to raise money for the charity RandomActs with 100% of the net proceeds being donated to the charity. The images are all lovingly created by me, in traditional media (mostly pens and watercolours), and all artwork for sale are originals. But here's the twist. Each image will be created in a single day. Every day a new artwork will be available for purchase - Kind of like Inktober where you do a drawing every day for a month, only this is going to last a year. The aim is to challenge myself to explore new ideas and actually get something down on paper instead of vague images floating around in my mind, while also raising some money for charity (hopefully).Obviously there's a limit on what I can achieve in a day, but hopefully you'll find something you like and choose help a good cause.
In celebration of the first five years of the DePaul Pop Culture Conference, this book collects essays, thoughts, and contributions from participants over the past half decade. From Doctor Who to Star Trek, the works of Joss Whedon to Supernatural, and of course the fifth anniversary event on Harry Potter, enjoy the 100 or so essays about the importance of Pop Culture in our lives. With keynote essays from Robert Shearman (Doctor Who), Brannon Braga (the Star Trek franchise), Robbie Thompson (Supernatural), Lisa Klink (Star Trek Voyager), Cheryl Cain (Firefly), and Alanna Bennett (Harry Potter)!
As I am reminded each month, we have so many talented, giving people in this fandom. I'm proud to be a part of it!