OMFG!!! I'm so on freaking cloud nine right now! I just spent the last two hours of my existence in the Supernatural press room and panel. I got 5 -10 roundtable interviews recorded from Eric Kripke, Ben Edlund, Jim Beaver, Sera Gamble, and Misha Collins. I also got front row VIP seating in the panel, and saw a five minute clip from the season premiere. There will be tons of detail coming later, but here's a few nuggets I got from both. (SPOILER ALERT!!!)
- I got to ask Eric Kripke what "God has left the building means." It means God isn't in Heaven, he's nowhere to be found, no one is sure where he is, and the angels with no order or recent contact from God decided to go start the apocalypse. MAJOR SPOILER ***** God will be a character in season five.******
- Ben Edlund wrote episode 4, in which Dean will be going into the future. Also, there's going to be quite a bit of turmoil in mending the brother's very broken relationship.
- Misha Collins was looking pretty sore. He was in the hospital this week because he got into a bike accident at 55 mph. He lost a big chunk of skin on his left arm.
- Sera Gamble is still relishing over the endless ways to psychologically torture the boys. Also, Dean's role is changing to one of reluctant leader, and he's having a problem with it.
- Jim Beaver said Bobby is in the first three episodes. He's very, very grateful to the fans for promoting his book. He says they have been way more effective than anything his publicist could have done.
From the panel -
- Castiel is dead. There's a humorous scene with Chuck where Castiel was blown to bits and parts of him are everywhere. He does return though, but they were vague on details.
- Kripke never dreamed this show would make five years. He's still sticking to his five year plan and will end this story this season, but he's open for more and thinks there's plenty of story to tell. He's too focused on season five right now to worry about it though.
- This season, even though it's about the apocalypse, will be the most optimistic one yet. Apparently the apocalypse will be funny.
- More meta episodes are coming after Kripke had his fun with the online fan base. There's a great story behind the creating on "Monster At The End of This Book" that I'll share.
- I'll share the details of the clip, but Zachariah is in it still trying to control Dean. They want to act before Lucifer finds a vessel. Dean isn't very cooperative to say the least, and has one really badass moment in revenge for Castiel.
- Castiel's wardrobe isn't changing. At least we think not. They kind of joked about that.
- Lots of great discussion about God and angels.
There's TONS more to come, but that's all five minutes off the top of my head would allow me. Stay tuned!!!
For all the latest Supernatural info and article links, follow The Winchester Family Business on Twitter at @WinFamBusiness
|< Prev||Next >|